Wednesday, March 30, 2011

The Buzz About Argan Oil

Had my hair done yesterday and my veteran stylist of many moons asked me if I would like my freshly shorn & colored locks to be given a finishing spray of "Moroccan oil"? "Argan oil, I prompted? She drew a blank at the word "argan", so I asked to read the product's label which I knew would say argan on it and it did. "It's the hot thing in hair care!" she parried. "What's it derived from?" I asked (ie animal,plant,or other). None of the beauticians in the salon were certain but the manager thought it was made from a plant. She advocated their line of Moroccan oil products to me. So, I let Angela spray me with it and it imparted a nice shine and pleasing scent.

 Argan oil has been shown to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, strengthen elasticity, protect against stretch marks, and improve skin’s overall health and vitality. Traditionally, the women of Morocco have utilized argan oil as the foundation of their beauty regimen, applying it to their skin, hair and nails. It is derived from the pressed nuts of the Argania Spinosa tree that is indigenous to Morocco.The oil is rich in naturally occurring antioxidants, essential fatty acids, carotenoids, ferulic acid, sterols, polyphenols, and contains remarkably high levels of vitamin E. Argan Oil contains Squalene, a unique and rare component which is suggested to protect against skin cancer. Argan oil is traditionally used for skin, hair and nail care, cooking, massage, the prevention of stretch marks, and the natural healing of dermatological disorders. It is referred to as "food for the skin."

1 comment:

  1. never heard of it...but i am prepared if my stylist ever tries it...

    now i know
    :-)

    kary

    ReplyDelete